Saturday, May 11, 2013

Owl City Blitz

   Hi, folks!  I'm back.  Yes, I know I'm really overdue for a post, and sadly, this one is not going to be very long.  I have some things going on that I need to get to, and I'm not in the---uh---I'm not feeling very---um---I don't feel the mood of inspiration on me at the moment.

   That doesn't sound good.  But I don't think it would've sounded good any way I said it.

   Oh, yes.  I've been meaning to revise something I mentioned in an earlier post.  Remember how I said that Adele's song, "Rumor Has It," has the perfect beat for a cha-cha step?  Well, I'm wrong.  I listened to it carefully.  Its driving beat is three booms before the ba-ba-boom, (or cha-cha-cha).  So it doesn't work for a cha-cha, which is "step, step, cha-cha-cha." 

   So:

   Boom, boom, boom, ba-ba-boom...
   Rock-  step,  cha-cha-cha...

   It doesn't match up rhythmically.  Yeah, so.  There you have it.  

   I've noticed that the East Coast Swing works with lots of Owl City songs.  East Coast Swing is a triple step to the side, triple step to the other side, then a rock step back, and repeat.  It works with lots of Owl City songs!

   Like "Super Honeymoon":  

   
   Or "Good Time":

  
   (Which happens to be my personal song for Summer 2012.) 

   Also, "Swimming In Miami," works well for East Coast Swing, too.  "The Technicolor Phase," makes a perfect foxtrot.  "If My Heart Was A House," is a waltz, of course.  So is "Plant Life"; probably a Viennese waltz because it's so fast!  "This Is The Future," makes a good bolero or rumba. 

   Okay, okay, so I'm an Owl City fan!  Now you know!  I still haven't listened to his new album, "The Midsummer Station," yet, since I was in India when it came out, but I need to get it soon! 

   One more thing.  I guess the reason I'm on an Owl City kick is because I've adopted one of his new songs as my song for Summer 2013.  It's the credit song he wrote for "Wreck-It Ralph," called, "When Can I See You Again?"  I love it!


    Right.  I told you I wasn't feeling particularly inspired.  Huh!  I just realized something.  This summer makes three summers in a row that Owl City has been part of my personal summer experience.  2011 the whole album, "All Things Bright and Beautiful," was what I was listening to all the time.  Last summer was his single, "Good Time," and now "When Can I See You Again," is my song for this summer! 

   Maybe my brain is just fried or something.  I can't even make any witticisms about what that says about me.  I guess I have little spirals where my pupils should be.  Maybe that means I need to go do something constructive. 

   Right, then!  Take care y'all!  Thanks for hanging in there with my irregular posts.  Hope you enjoyed this one!

~Cadenza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, just be courteous.